Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 59 - Miracles in the Making

This week was quite the interesting week. at the beginning we were already bummed out and we were burnt out from the effect of the area. and how things have just been building up and building up. Monday we went out and had a pretty lame P-day in which neither one of us felt any preparation for the week to come. No one let us in to talk to them and one of our investigators we decided wasn't willing to progress anymore so we had to let her go.  It is hard to let someone go when you want them to grow closer to Christ.
On Tuesday we had the saving grace of our week. we had Specialized Training. Best Specialized Training I have had yet! 
We had a discussion on Lehi's Dream and how sometimes we need to bring ourselves into the perspective of our investigators. They took me and 6 other people and we were blindfolded. and sent into a room where there was no light and there was eerie nature music.  We were wandering around until a voice came and gave me direction to where there was a path. I took hold of the rope and the voice told me to hold on and never let go. Now of course when I am given instruction I follow it! especially since the voice was that of a Sister Training Leader (Sister Hartung) and she was hard to hear because not to mention my hearing problems but that I had the blindfold covering part of my ears as well. it was a really long path and often I came upon things and I was super confused! with which direction was given and I was told how to overcome it. it was one of the most interesting things that I have done yet. when I got to the end of the rope it ended. I was super confused as to where to go because there wasn't anywhere to hold onto. when i got the direction that it was time to climb, I needed to get onto the stage and there I would find my destination. 
I climbed up on the stage and just stood there. there were random voices coming from every direction and I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do anymore. when I was almost ready to just say I had made it to whatever I was doing or suppose to go a hand took mine and guided me to a light that I could see even through the blindfold. 
I made it to the Tree of Life.
Now things were more interesting to watch after I had made it there. there were people still going through the maize. some didn't have guidance or direction. others were confused as to what all of the voices were trying to tell them. It was quite the experience. 
Now think about it... how many of us are going on that path successfully? are we listening well enough to hear the "good" voices? or are we responding to the "negative" voices? are we preparing ourselves for what we will do if a road block comes into our life? because if we do not make preparations for what is to come then when the day comes it will be a shock that will make much uncertainty.

Please, Pray about the things of what the lord has asked us to do. and remember to always follow Him. 
Be Good.
I Love You

-Sister Cindy Call

Picture 1: YW. who is in picture: Sister Cramer, Sister Call, Megan Nichols, Phoebe England, Allie Lawrence. 
Picture 2: Me wearing the shirt that I wrote on to be the Ark City title of ... Liberty?

 

No comments: