Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 62 - Missionary Work and Members

This week has been a great week of wonderful little blessings. We have been able to start getting our teaching pool back up and we have been inviting people left and right to follow Christ and his example and become a member of his church. Of course it wasn't easy. because we are talking to and teaching College students. I know for sure that I was not the most religious College student when I was in school... but with a little help from friends and members it became a lot easier.

This week we have also been having a lot of training from our District Leader in the issue of Missionaries and Members. Luckily for us, we have no problem with working with our members!
The spirit of sharing the gospel has exploded here, the ward missionaries are contacting Less Active members and setting up appointments for us and them to meet, to be able to have a gospel discussion. and the work of the rescue is lighting so many fires down here! I have not seen so many people with such a sincere desire to find those that are lost.

This fire most definitely keeps the missionaries very busy (perhaps that is why we have 3 sets of missionaries in our ward) The city of Manhattan has a lot of miracles coming out of the woodwork and a lot of it is a blessing from the members. There are so many families that center their family around the gospel and around sharing it with others, we share the video "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" with a lot of members who recognize that the things they do, no matter how small, make a huge impact on the lives of those around them.

As I learned in church this Sunday, is that missionaries are like hunters, we may know how to go hunting but we are always in  unfamiliar territory, we are not familiar with the land as well as the members, who are like the guides who take the hunters out to the good land where there is much to be had. where we can obtain all manner of good things. but without communication between the two the hunters and the guides, there will not be much success. when we work together we will have a harvest that will be great in the eyes of the Lord.

I love you all!

-Sister Cindy Call


Picture 1: Me and My comp, Sister Herrin, at the Library bein' weirdos


No comments: