Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Week 61 - Manhappening !

Might I say that Manhattan is so amazing! I love it so much!   The members here are so missionary minded and my first day here we were called up by a member that was like "hey come with me to my friends house and help me teach the gospel" we were like "whoa, okay awesome!"  We live on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex and I love our house, it came pre-decorated (in other words all the other sister missionaries that lived there put pictures up and cool stuff and our house is awesome).

At the same time I have never had the Assistants to the President call us so many times to give us so many challenges!  But hey. life goes on! except when they start to tell you to write all the things you are doing wrong down... and then I just get depressed... so I'm not doing that one... (deemed it unhealthy for me) so I am just writing down one thing a day to improve on the next day!  Much better then writing down all of the things I do wrong! 

But anyhow, I love, love, love, the Manhattan University Branch SO MUCH. I also love the Manhattan 1st Ward that we are over!  All of them are so missionary minded! I could not think of a better place to be at this time in my mission!  We have big plans for this area. the work will definitely catch on fire!

Now from what I learned from this past week and even from today:
The hard times will be hard, and the good times will be good.  As my sister Sherie quoted from Al Fox's story about having a hard time "Don't worry, this will pass". and the hard time did pass and then the bishop said to when there was a good time "This, too, Shall Pass" 

We may not have good days every day of our lives, but as I learned in church on Sunday that if everything was going as planned and there didn't seem to be a single trial in your life. then perhaps you are walking in the wrong direction.  For when we are walking in the direction that the  Lord wants us to walk there will always be difficulty; there will always be opposition.  Never has Satan missed the opportunity to try and trip us when we are going down the right road. He will always be there to try and distract you from what is best.
Don't give up when things get hard. Life was never meant to be easy. this time is a time of trial, a testing period to prove that we can keep going; that we can follow in the footsteps of our Savior no matter how hard or painful it was.  As we push forward we will come even closer to the Savior and closer to our Heavenly Father.

I love you all.

-Sister Cindy Call

Oh and these pictures are just a happy reminder of what I am NOT MISSING!!!

 

No comments: