Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Week 10 and Week 11

Well I will start with week 10 first since I haven't emailed home yet for a while :P the Library is packed with missionaries and people... always.  I just bum out and decide that emailing the president is the only thing that I have time for.
Well to start off, I hate mosquitoes. With a burning passion. I would like to squash all of them if I could. On Monday during P-day We went to the store and I bought multiple things to try and relieve the gut ripping effect of the bites. but alas I just ended up not sleeping for 2 days.
On Tuesday we were suppose to do exchanges but none of us were feeling well. so we canceled them. and stayed inside most of the day and watched the Testaments. We cleaned our apartment a little and then rested more. We stopped at Steffanie’s house (one of our investigators) and we tried teaching her something. The only problem with teaching her is that she cannot focus for more than a minute on anything.
Wednesday we saw sister Harris, she is the most awesome person ever. She is soooo close to baptism but she really wants to try communicating with her kids before she is baptized. After  talking with her and reading some scriptures we left and went to contact a referral that we got on Sunday... Judy Mills. She is an interesting lady! She is from Germany and she is 64.  She knows the bible like the back of her hand. and has some very interesting interpretations of some of the stories in the bible. Best part about contacting her is that she is super stoked to become a member! We taught her lesson 1 and committed her to baptism.  We ate dinner with the Welfords.
Thursday we did service at the church. and then we said goodbye to Sister Randall. She went home... and I hope she will return, she seems like a super awesome person... she is just having a hard time right now...  We went home and started studies and then went with our team up Sister Walbrook to see Judy, We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she soaked the whole thing up! After her we went and saw sister Harris. We are reading the scriptures with her daily now. We had dinner with the Rosbach family and then went to the Chiropractor with Sister Thompson.
Friday we went to District meeting and then went to lunch. after that we went and did exchanges with Sister Prince and Sister Lecheminant. We took Sister Prince and left Sister Christenot with Sister Lecheminant.  We went home and did my 12 week training. after that we went to Sis Harris to meet her friend Ferrill. Ferril is a weird old dude, he is kinda bossy toward sister Harris. We then went to Chili’s for dinner and after dinner we went to Rose's (an investigator) and talked with her and reviewed Lesson 1. We went to Judy’s after finishing up with Rose and found a note on her door. She told us that she had to leave town suddenly because her son had gotten in a car accident.  It was very sad :(
Saturday We did studies and met with sister Harris again and read more scriptures. We then proceeded to get lost trying to find our dinner appointment's house! but we made it! and then we discovered that Sister Campo doesn't speak English! It was a silent dinner... but The food was Fantastic.
Sunday was Fast Sunday and it was a long day. We got new directory. We had dinner with an Elderly couple, and then went to Steffanie’s. We taught her for a little while about the importance of prayer.


Now for Week 11!
This week has been a really tough week... P-day was on Labor day so the library was closed. We did laundry, went food shopping and then went to the mall, and guess what? I still dislike shopping for clothes. We then went to church and I wrote a billion letters to the family. Since I had nothing else to do... and I couldn't email. It took all day to write letters. When that ended we went to Red Robin because no one signed up to feed us... no one has signed up to feed us almost ever. It is starting to show on our cards. We are running out of money. so hopefully the changes I'm making to the meal calendar will make people less confused about the set up of things.
Tuesday we did Studies and then went to a relief society lunch thing, Steffanie and her daughter Hannah came. We did a church tour after that and were given a short time to email. We went to the Tiresplus to get our car fuse fixed, and a 10 min job took an hour and a half. so they didn't charge us anything. That night we drove to Ridgepoint and I was dropped off with the Ridgepoint sisters for the next few days. Sister Christenot and Sister Thompson had a Sister Leader Training thing they had to go too. So I got to stay with Sister Sherman and Sister Bitter. Sister Bitter is an interesting missionary. And I didn't sleep at all that night.
Wednesday was interesting. Studies were very different. It was a long day... but I did get to meet an investigator with the same name as me. and her friend had awesome blue hair. I was super excited to see my companions again. The moment they drove up I jumped out of the car and ran (literally) to their car.
Thursday We had exchanges again... We got sister Furgheson and gave sister Thompson away ;came back and did studies and then we went to the office for a while to meet with the President.  After the president we went and met Sister Harris again. Had dinner at the Weidmeirs and then went and found our new investigator Gloria.
Friday We had Zone Conference. and then did Exchanges again. We gave away sister Thompson again and got Sister Bitter. That night we found out that Judy Mills came back and she called us and told us her son had died.
Saturday We met with Judy and finished exchanges.
Sunday We had church and 3 investigators came!
and I have 30 seconds left so I will write more later!

Love
Sister C. Call

No comments: