Monday, September 23, 2013

Week 13 - Going...Going...Gone.

If I had to pick a really hard week in my mission, this week has been it. Uncertainty and disappointment coated every day as if to fog what our purpose was as missionaries.

Monday the 16th started out being okay. We did our usual P-Day activities of Library and Shopping. when we were driving back to the church we got a call from the President saying that a Sister was leaving and that he was thinking of taking me out to go to that area. I was heart broken but I was willing to do it. We stopped at the church and then went to the mall to find boots for Sister Thompson. She found some. So did I. I found shoes that I actually like! Surprise, surprise.  We went back to the church and I started writing letters and took a nap for a little while. I then remembered that Karen had told me how she met a Tyler and Jennifer Sherman who had a cousin, Sister Sherman, who was in Wichita waiting for her Visa to go to Brasil. I know her! I went on exchanges with her and her companion, she is super awesome. We ate dinner with the Elders at an older members house. Sister Wiloughby, she is interesting.

Tuesday: We did our morning studies and went to the church so Sister Thompson could study Spanish with Sister Hachtel. After that we had a music practice with the quartets in preparation for the musical fireside we are performing. After the practice we did exchanges with the Andover sisters, Sister Taylor and Hager. We took Hager and Left Christenot. We went straight after that to Sister Harris' house and talked with her for a while. After that we went to Judy's house and had a member Joy Robertson attend. We taught her word of wisdom, and law of Chastity. She has no problems with either of them.
We had dinner at the Atwoods and then stopped by Rose's house to see if we could catch her but instead we met Jason her boyfriend who is now living with her. He is a less active member of the church (we soon discovered).

Wednesday: We did studies and then Sister Hager started having blood sugar problems.  Her diabetes was being weird last night as well.  We gave her a glass of orange juice and started our way back to Andover; we met them at Cheddars and exchanged back. We came back and ate lunch and then went to go see Jason and Rose. They were home... but they didn't answer the door... we went to Sister Harris' house and read the scriptures with her for a while. We then went to go on exchanges with Auburn Hills. It was really great seeing my old companion again. We took her companion Sister Howell and left sister Thompson. We stopped at Gloria's house and read from the Book of Mormon with her and then went to the McIntyre’s house for Dinner. After that we had Judy over at Sister Smiths house and watched the Joseph Smith Movie; the long version. I read all of the sub captions because she couldn't see them. It went well; she enjoyed it.

Thursday: We did studies and had lunch then went to Sister Harris' house, she said Sister Howell was awfully quiet; she was really quiet.  She said ‘sorry’ a ton and  in the most random times too. We read with her and then headed back to Auburn Hills. I got to Talk to Sister Fuller for a little bit ;it was great! She looked really tired and sick though. We left there and went to dinner at the Mohesky's it was good! I got to hold a corn snake!  After dinner we called the AP's to find out if I was really leaving because they had never got back in contact with us about it. They said I was not leaving, but Sister Thompson was. She leaves in the morning.  We were all frustrated and confused about the decision that had been made, it had not been delivered very well to us so we were left feeling quite lost.   We went to her Chiropractor appointment then went home so Sister Thompson could start packing. When we got back, Sister Bell called and talked with them for a while. I was frustrated and irritated about the disorganization of the whole situation but after calming myself down I was able fall asleep for a little while.

Friday proved to be a very difficult day. we found out that morning that we were suppose to come pick up Sister Barrett from the mission office, I sat in the office with Sister Barrett as president talked with Sister Christenot and Sister Thompson. we then left and took Sister Barrett and Sister Thompson back to Maize and dropped them off. We then drove back and went to District Training. it was a long lesson but it brought Sister Christenot and I into a better mood. We went to this pizza place afterward and ate with our district. We then went out to Derby to practice for the Musical. The College Hill Sisters, Sister Roquemor and Sister Phudnis are awesome they did us a huge favor by picking up the Andover sisters at the church because we were going to be late.  After practice we drove to Gloria's house and read the Book of Mormon with her. we had dinner with the Smith’s who have 2 daughters and a baby son. The meal was amazing. We then went to Judy's and taught her Pray often and Study the Scriptures, she is already awesome at those.

Saturday: We did our studies and then went to a baptism with Judy. Brother and Sister Crandall gave us a ride to it. We talked for a while after the baptism and Judy absolutely loved it. She is very excited to get baptized Saturday the 28th.  We then went to dinner with Sister Judd at this Chinese buffet place. I ate Sushi! it was weird. We then went and saw Sister Harris for a little while.

Sunday:  I woke up having not slept almost at all and went to Church.   During church I couldn't focus to save my life. After church I was so tired looking that Sister Christenot told me I had to take a nap;after the nap we did studies and then went to Judy's and taught her Lesson 3. She took it very well.  We ate dinner with a young couple named the Reeds.  They are very young looking but they are awesome. I enjoyed the meal. After that we went to Steffanie’s house and we finally caught her when she was home!!! She let us in and we talked and listened to her crazy situation and life.  We helped her clean up a little bit until we had to go.

This week was long and hard but I learned many important things. I will remember that obedience is good but exact obedience brings miracles.
Don't forget to strengthen your soul by praying, reading, and going to church! It brings blessings and I have witnessed the miracles that families have when they do them.

Love
Sister Cindy Call

No comments: