Monday, August 26, 2013
Week 9 - Transfers Already?
This week started off with a weird feeling, I knew something was going to happen but I didn't know what it was. I felt like I was going to be leaving... but I didn't understand what kind of leaving it was. I didn't know if I was suppose to leave, leave. or if I was going somewhere else. I was confused because when the email came about who was being transferred and where I was still in Auburn Hills and so was my companion Sister Fuller. So I was stuck in a weird whishy washy thought process. On Tuesday morning we received a phone call from President Bell. He informed us that after much praying and thought, he had come up with the decision of transferring me.
I was blown away.
I have only been in training with Sister Fuller for 6 Weeks and I was already being transferred? I was devastated but at the same time it felt like it was the right thing to do. I was crying all morning as I was calling members who I had gotten close with and told them goodbye. It was a long morning. We spent that day figuring things out and then went to dinner at the Old Balzers with the Rolling Hills Sisters. I miss all of the people a ton. I packed that night and the Hansel family came and took pictures with me. They are a wonderful family who are such good examples of Member Missionaries.
On Wednesday we were on our way to the Mission office and were there at 8 am. I emptied all of my stuff onto the sidewalk and waited with all of the new missionaries for their companions and my companions. Sister Fuller got a new missionary that she will be training her name is Sister Howell. My new companions are Sister Christenot and Sister Thompson. They are wonderful people. Sister Thompson didn't get to the Church until that night. so during the day we took Sister Lecheminant with us and went out to contact some referrals and fix tires. We didn't get the tires fixed.. That night was weird because we waited for all of the missionaries to arrive on the bus but we left before they got there because it was very late and it was already past 10 PM; way past our curfew time.
On Thursday we went out and got our car tires fixed and were on our way again. We visited a wonderful investigator named Sister Harris. she is a funny old lady and she is in a very sad situation. Her children have all abandoned her since she decided that she wanted to become a member of the church.
Over the next few days up until now it has been quite a blur of trying to figure out the area and trying to meet people who don't want to meet us.
On Saturday and Sunday we had Stake conference and I found Kyle there. He was living with some members in the Auburn Hills Ward, it was great to see a familiar face.
I have run out of time on email so I have to go.
I will write more later!
Love Sister C. Call
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment