"Your Circumstances Make You Comfortable. Your Happiness Comes From Within."
These
two sayings I learned on Sunday. And how big of an impact they have. If
you cannot see what I see. Read it again. and again. and again.
Then I hope you see.
Because they are far more then anything I can ever explain in words.
I will now discuss them.
-You must be alive each second you are alive-
Now how does that make any sense? of course you are alive each second you are alive. But are you really?
Do you realize that you are right now existing and breathing?
Do
you see how much of an impact that each step takes on your life? can
you see the people around you? do you feel the way that your parents
love you?
Do you realize that just walking
through the motions will never make an impact in your life and you will
never have the opportunity to influence someone else in life for the
better. What does it mean to be really alive?
Here
is how I see being alive: Choosing to be the best I can be, even when
it would be much easier to give in and go with the flow. Choosing to be
an influence for good; realizing that my choices are important and they
not only impact me but they impact everyone around me.
This leads me perfectly into talking about:
-Your circumstances make you comfortable. Your happiness comes from within-
We
sometimes think that "oh if only I had this, or this or that, I would
be happy." or "if only I lived there" that we would magically be so much
happier. But is it really things/items that make us happy?
No
It
is what is within us that makes us happy, when we are nourishing our
souls we are happier. because that is where our soul radiates life. It
is where we know we are happy; where we know we are alive. and the one
thing that I have found to realize you are Happy is to see the things
that you are so grateful for.
Gratitude - is a
feeling of appreciation and thankfulness for blessings or benefits we
have received. As we cultivate a grateful attitude, we are more likely
to be happy and spiritually strong.
The
Lord has promised, “He who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall
be made glorious” (D&C 78:19). Gratitude is an uplifting, exalting
attitude. People are generally happier when they have gratitude in their
hearts. We cannot be bitter, resentful, or mean-spirited when we are
grateful.
We should be thankful for the
wonderful blessings that are ours and for the tremendous opportunities
we have. We can be thankful to our parents, family, friends, and
teachers. We should express appreciation to everyone who has assisted us
in any way.
We should thank our Heavenly
Father for His goodness to us by acknowledging His hand in all things,
thanking Him for all that He gives us, keeping His commandments, and
serving others. We should especially thank Him for His Beloved Son,
Jesus Christ, for the Savior's great example, for His teachings, for His
outreaching hand to lift and help, for His infinite Atonement.
-True to the Faith 78-79
Psalms 100: 3-4
3
Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we
ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
Be ever grateful my friends.
Thanksgiving is the time that will help us remember what is most important.
Family.
Friends.
and Life.
-Sister Cindy Call
No comments:
Post a Comment