Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 70 - Wrong Road?

Sometimes as I have gone through my mission I have had times where I definitely knew what path I was on and where I was going and what I was suppose to be doing. Those moments I am sure for every person are the ones we love most because we feel like we know how the rest of our life will turn out and that things are just going our way.
But then we come to a place in the road where we have to make a big decision and it seems that there are two big paths, sometimes there even feels like there are more choices. Prayerfully trying to decide what path is best to take and sometimes we head off in the direction we have felt was the correct way, and then we come to a dead end.   When we come to that dead end it is really hard to not have the feelings of anger and abandonment. 
We cannot help but think that God put us on this path to see us fail. But have we ever thought that perhaps he has put us  on that path so we can know for a surety that the other path is the sure path, and the correct path. 
But sometimes we get stuck in the idea that we were just sent down the wrong path. that we were just "deceived" by deity and that our trust has been broken. It can be very difficult to overcome these thoughts.   It will dwell inside and pick away at the inside of us with a grudge that will never be confronted because it starts with you.   You are the only one who can end it.
God loves us and sometimes he loves us so much he sends us in a direction that will let us know the other path is really the path that is the one we need to be on.  He doesn't want us wasting time on the wrong side.  He wants us to progress forward just as we want to progress forward.

Sometimes the fastest way to find out is the most painful route. 

My entire mission I have had to work with doctors to try and find out the best way to keep me healthy.  There has never been a lasting cure. There is no real cure because all we can do in this life is to treat for the side effects.  We may never know what is going on in life.  We may never get sure answers, because perhaps we are not to understand, and perhaps it is His fastest way of telling us we are looking in the wrong direction.
I have been working on a lot of self reflection.  Trying to think about all of the different things that I face every day, and how I react to them and how they have an impact on my life. I realized that no matter how much I want to be in control of things, I am never really in control.  The more I give my will and thoughts and desires to the Lord the more my life has direction and understanding, even if the understanding isn't what I wanted.  It was what I needed.

I love all of you and hope that you can think about the paths that you are on and the paths that you have been on and think of how God has had his hand in the entire thing.

-Sister Cindy Call

http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2714780496001

No comments: