I have one thing
to ask you. Do you put yourself into the scriptures when you read? Are
you there? Are you feeling the pain, the sorrow, the joy and the love
that is expressed within the pages?
If not then are you truly seeking out to know and feel what God wants you to?
I
have found that often times my study of the Book of Mormon has been
limited and quite simple. I would often read it as just a historical
book. But over the past few days along with a challenge that was
extended to us, I have been reading with depth. It has changed my
whole perspective of the Book of Mormon.
I
invite you to join me in the challenge that was extended! We are to read
the entire Book of Mormon before Christmas; highlighting in Red all
things that apply to Christ and the Atonement. and then in Green all
things that are of Faith.
I hope that you do
this as I am eagerly doing so as well. And I am glad that I was able to
receive this training before this weekend came, because I would not
really be sure if I was going to be prepared for all that happened this
weekend.
To say the least we were out in Riley to come in
contact with some Less Actives before we went to dinner with some active
members out there.
We haven't heard anything about any of these people out there so we were going to find out if they even existed anymore!
The
very first house we go to: that was for a less active. We knocked on the
door. and it took a good minute before someone answered. Standing
before us was the woman we were looking for (that is after we asked her
if she was in fact the woman we were looking for) holding a very nice
looking shotgun.
Sister Jensen and I just stood there... of
my entire mission I have never had someone just open the door with a
gun. It was quite the experience. After talking to her and finding out
she was the one we were looking for she asked how we found her. We
stood there like... "uh... on the ward roster?" (how else would we have
found you?) She told us she didn't like strangers and that there are
only 3 people in the world that could come to her house unannounced. We
were like "Don't worry we will make sure to let everyone know!" We still
didn't move until she put the gun down on the couch next to her. Then
we said our salutations and departed quickly. That was WEIRD.
We
then went to a house in the middle of nowhere to just try it. They
let us in and we had a good conversation with them and set up a date to
come back and talk to them. That was a good follow up to our weird
experience.
Then we had a wonderful dinner that smelled like happiness in the house. It was really great.
But enough of our wonderful adventure of this week!
I LOVE YOU
-Sister Cindy Call
A happy quick video quote from Elder Nelson :)
No comments:
Post a Comment