Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Week 50 - Sherwood Topeka Syndrome

Ello Everyone! In case you didn't know I am now in TOPEKA!  I had heard a lot about topeka. one of the biggest things I have heard about Topeka was something called Topeka Crazy. I wasn't sure at first what that meant... but now I am here. and the people are definitely a whole different kind of Crazy. They are really weird. but I guess that is due to the fact that we are in the capital of Kansas. The "Ghetto" here is not really that trashy of a ghetto. for a ghetto it is quite good. compared to Pratt. but eh. everywhere has its differences.
I also got my MTC companion back! ha ha we both acknowledge that we have changed quite a bit since a year ago. (We get to celebrate our year mark with each other!) We are working out our wrinkles that we do have but we will get along well really well as soon as we get use to our companionship. but overall we have done really well with each other we found 6 new investigators this week. 4 of them are really promising. 

There is a lot of work to be done especially with the members... I'm not to fond of how the missionaries have been teaching the Member Motivational Lessons. so I intend on changing things up here. and the members aren't really excited that they have missionaries. they act more like it is a burden to have missionaries. another thing that we are going to have to work on. but life is life. and things keep going on.

Since Fathers Day was yesterday I am going to give my thought about Fathers.

What is the Importance of a Father? Why are Fathers needed? many people question the need and even the role of a Father in a family. they don't see the importance of the role a Father holds in a household. They lack in vision of what a father is and can be. In the church most of the members know and understand the importance of fathers. A father who is worthy and holds the Melchizedek Priesthood often is blessing and administering to his family, he holds the power to baptize, confirm and ordain his children. He is the power that holds a family together on earth through his use of the Priesthood. A Father is best in leading his family when he is lead by the Lord and is close to the Lord. A father that is sensitive to the impressions of the spirit will be able to give direction to children on matters of importance.

It has been said that Fathers who draw close to their children and learn how to communicate, listen and give of their time the results will be that the children will turn to their fathers with their worries and fears and the child will know that they have a friend in whom they know will unconditionally love them. When Fathers show love to their children and give of their time for their children they are developing attributes that their Heavenly Father is trying to share with them.

Fathers are teachers to the children, they lead by example. when they are there with their time and with their love, children will always remember what their fathers did for them. They do not care about how much money you spent on the things you bought for them, they won't even care about how hard you work to make that money. They care about the time you spend with them. time is more precious then any amount of money. and you cannot get time back. Fathers remember who you are and remember what your role is in this life. you are here for your children. to be their Father. 

Happy Fathers Day Dad.

-Sister Cindy Call

No comments: