Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 4

 I'm sorry that I gave everyone the wrong address to send letters too... The address that letters get sent to is:   7011 E. 13th St N. Wichita, KS  67206.
I hope that this clears things up and reminds everyone that I LOVE letters!!! So far I have only heard from part of the family, but that is okay because I still have a long time to hear from everyone! I haven't heard from anyone but family either.

I am doing pretty well out here, I'm really starting to get stressed out because I can't seem to remember anything that I am trying to memorize. So I am having pretty bad anxiety and my depression isn't helping. We have been trying to get our feet on the ground for the past week and a half because the organization here was horrible. We have started with going through the ward directory and meeting the people in the ward. We divided the directory into Actives, Less Actives, Part Member Families, and Unknown. We have been going to the Less Actives, PMF, and the Unknowns. So far we have discovered that almost everyone has moved and they have been gone for over 4 years. so something is missing out on the person who is suppose to keep the directory up to date ha, ha. We have a few investigators, We have Cori, Lafe, Michelle, Collin, and some other people who the Elders are giving to us. Lafe is moving and will no longer be in our area, but he is probably our most progressed investigator. the only thing that is holding him back is his Word of Wisdom problem. He, like everyone else in Kansas, Smokes.  But he really appreciates us and loves our service that we have given him so Far.
I am serving right now in the Wichita, Goddard, and everything in between there and Kingman. My trainer is Sister Fuller.  She is from Logan Utah, she is really good at trying to keep me on focus, and pushing me past my limit.
We live currently with members, we live with the Orr family, they own 2 cats and my allergies have not been a problem at all. but the Cats throw up and hairball everywhere. It rains a ton on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. then it doesn't the rest of the week.
We share a car with the Elders but luckily we don't share a phone with them :) we finally received our phone on Thursday and have been able to give people our real number instead of the Orr home. Getting hold of the members is also a lot easier. The members are all really excited to have sister missionaries, We discovered that we even have a ward missionary assigned to us, her name is Sister Hibbs, She is a ball of energy. A new family is moving into the ward and we are super excited because they are Active!!! which means that we don't have to worry about them hiding in their house whenever we come.
People hide when they see us, they look through their window and we see them, they see us, and then they don't answer the door. It's really weird. but we usually try not to go tracting to much because it is ineffective. member referrals is so much better, especially if they come with us to see them.
The area I serve in is huge, luckily my companion has a GPS or else we would never know where we are going. I don't know what I'm going to do when she leaves for exchanges this weekend and takes her GPS with her...
Also I'm pretty sure I have grown an inch since I have gotten here... Which is interesting because now I'm to tall for some of my clothes... :/
Well I hope to hear from you guys and let me know how things are! I get a limited amount of time on the computer so letters are so much easier. And Mom you can put my letters on my blog as well.
Love

-Sister Call

No comments: