Monday, July 15, 2013

Week 3

Well this week has been Crazy! I have P. Day on Mondays so don't expect to hear from me until after Mondays.
The last of the MTC was a bitter sweet experience, when I have time I will maybe send pictures. I don't know when I will have time though. My teachers were great and I will miss them.
The beginning of the Journey to Kansas started with being awake at 1:30am to be able to get all of our luggage down to checking and to turn in locks and keys. by 2:30 we were out and driving to the Airport. When we got to the airport we got in line for the US Airline. Most of us realized right away that something wasn't right, especially when the sign said that they didn't open until 5:15 and our flight was suppose to leave at 6:30. But we were following the directions on our itinerary and that is what they said. eventually we found someone who would look up our flight and we found out that US airline doesn't even fly out to Denver, where we were going for our layover. We were in fact suppose to be on the United airline. so we had to wait in line that wasn't there when we got there but since we waited we had to wait in another line.
The airplane ride was a blur because I fell asleep before we even took off. and around then is when I apparently dropped my wallet. which was horrifying to discover when I got to the mission home. everything I needed was in my wallet. Luckily there were no more checking of ID or I would have been in huge trouble.
When in Denver I got an opportunity to call Mom and Dad from the airport, we all had permission to use the phone and the airport gave people 10 min. for free so I used that opportunity to call home, to let them know I was at least half way there.
I fell asleep on the next flight to Kansas and when we arrived we all got out of the airplane and proceeded down the terminal or whatever you call it to the luggage claim. before we got to luggage claim we ran into president Bell and Sister Bell along with the other mission people. I was the luggage watcher as all of the girls went to the restroom. That night we had a lesson and that is when I discovered my wallet was missing, because we were suppose to get our licenses out and show them to the secretary.
The sisters slept at the mission home and it was a little disheartening to have my MTC companion still complaining about everything. I didn't know that someone could be so ungrateful for everything that they already had. but I hope and pray that she will learn a great lesson while she is on her mission.
The next morning we had a light breakfast and headed out to the church to get put in cars to go to our new companions. Surprise, surprise, my companion was there waiting for me. I am serving in the Auburn Hills Ward. which is in Wichita, not far from the mission home. My new companion is Sister Fuller and she is my trainer. The first day we watched one of the sisters in my MTC family Sister Tomson because her companion wasn't showing up until that night.
I learned an interesting fact on my way to my new home, my friend Stephanie Ferweda's Father and Brother live in the ward I am serving in! I was supper happy to find that out.
The first three days out here were tough trying to figure things out, and everyone here is either Baptist or Presbyterian. Everyone has a religion. and the churches here are HUGE... well except the LDS church... we have a small church. We didn't get much done since I got here we did have dinner every night with a member and we have members who really want to feed us so our meal calendar is full. We invited 3 people to come to church, but none of them showed up.
Church yesterday was interesting, the moment we walked into the chapel we were surrounded by young women who were all asking us if they could go on splits with us or some other form of missionary work. I was overwhelmed and didn't know what to do. but luckily that is why my companion is there. she knows what she is doing she has been out here for 9 months. She was transferred from the Missouri Independence mission.
This ward needs a lot of work and we did a ton of organization of directory and all of the other mission papers. Everything was so unorganized... but we fixed that up.
It rains here all the time. well in the middle of the night and sometimes in the middle of the day.
But I don't have time left to talk about that so talk to you later!

Love
Sister Call

P.S. I like letters and can read letters and reply to letters a lot easier than emails. so Please write!!! You send them to the mission home and they will forward it to us. I don't remember what the address is so Mom will have to add it here:

Sister Cindy Lee Call
Kansas Wichita Mission
1526 North Terhune Street
Wichita, Kansas 67230

1 comment:

Call Haven said...

Cindy actually lost her wallet at the SLC airport. She was blessed to have it turned in. We were blessed to be able to have the airport 'lost & found' FED EX it overnight to Cindy's mission home by Thursday morning. All is well :)