Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 67 - The Dragon Blows Fire

This week has been really great I said my final farewells to my companion Sister Herrin on transfers, it had been quite the transfer.  A lot of ups and a lot of downs but overall we did such a wonderful job together and we definitely knew how to work with one another.
We had a long drive up to Wichita and before we left we had breakfast with the other sisters. I was the only one who really ate much of anything. french toast. oh the life of my existence! After breakfast we began the 2 1/2 hour drive to Wichita. and I was surprised how well Sister Herrin was doing at staying awake. She had her eyes open and she was even like bouncing her knee up and down.... it was when she started to drive straight on a bend that I realized that she was in fact asleep with her eyes open. I didn't want to freak her out so I just calmly started to say "Hermana" "Hermana" "HeRmAnA" and by the third hermana she snapped to consciousness and did some hard over corrections.  The car made a little lift on my side and I thought we were going to roll. But we didn't. I had her pull over and trade me.

We finally safely arrived at the 13th street building after running into a closed road, street construction and random people walking across streets. and I was only 10 minutes late to my meeting! The 'Train the Trainers' meeting was the longest meeting of my life... even though it was only 2 hours long.  The anxiety of the whole situation was making me super ADD.   Then they told us that the missionaries wouldn't even be there until 2 and so we wouldn't even leave Wichita until 5. So after a long departure devotional, of people saying inspirational words and thoughts and some of them crying... well i think they did... I don't remember they all blend together... We finally got to go out and start putting luggage into the new companions cars and start telling people farewell. 
After all of the luggage was out of my car and Sister Herrin was packed firmly into her car, we gave our final goodbye and I claimed my new temporary companion :) Sister Prince.  It was her last day in the mission field. and we had wanted to go on exchanges our entire mission. and our opportunity finally arrived. We went and visited with Mama Harris for a little while and then we went and visited with Maria De Jesus. Remember Maria? yeah... she has become less active... but I had a good conversation with her and I invited her to return back to church. It was a really hard moment for me talking to her. Holding back tears was not possible. After finishing up there we returned to the Mission Office... Sister Prince was about 30 minutes late to the dinner for the departing missionaries, but I don't think she cared.  I was happy that we were able to spend our time out being missionary. Saying goodbye to her was super hard... Having a good friend leave, and not knowing the next time that we would be reunited was something that I was never expecting to have to deal with but I know that we will have a reuniting in the future.  

Now, on to Sister Jensen. Talk about the most awesome baby dragon ever.  She hit the mission running. Not only did she keep pace with me as we were doing all of our street contacting and other stuff but she took losing all of our investigators like a champ!  All of our investigators pretty much dropped us this week.   It was tough.  Especially since it happened on Sister Jensens 2nd day in the field. But we worked super hard to try and find new investigators. but we were not blessed with the opportunity to find any.  But on Sister Jensen's 3rd day in the field I put her to the test. If she was going to be the child of a Dragon she had to learn how to blow fire.  What better opportunity than at the Branch Talent show. I got all of the things needed to perform the stunt and after blowing a good 3 or 4 fire balls I had her try it too!   She did a fantastic job! for a baby dragon I am very proud of her.

Sister Jensen and I get along really well, she is pretty quiet and doesn't talk much when it is just a group of missionaries but when we are in lessons she is very open about talking about the gospel!  It is so wonderful! I love being a trainer! I think I am learning more then she is... but oh well... it is suppose to be a two way learning experience!

Love you all!

Sister Cindy Call


Picture 1. Sister Herrin and I being Thug :)
Picture 2. Sister Jensen caught off guard on what she says is a bad hair day :)

 

No comments: