Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 66 - I'm Pregnant! With a Dragon...

This week was quite the week! considering we had the boost from Conference under our feet! We didn't buy much food this week because we are running out of money already haha. we were not fed much these past two weeks. the meal calendar wasn't passed around and conference week no one signed up. so we have been living off of cereal haha. but I bought bannanas and Keifer to make sure that my potasium and stomach can stay alive.

We saw a lot of success in finding this week; there was a lot of sifting that needed to be done;  alas, we lost most of our teaching pool.  There wasn't a lot of progression in the investigators that we had. but Mackenzie is still progressing and very well!   She is having some difficulty with the word of wisdom but she knows that she can overcome coffee.  She just likes it a lot. Ha,ha.

We volunteer at Habitat for Humanity and it is super fun.   This week we helped them rearrange their stuff. which meant that I got to use power tools. :D only a drill... to get the screws out of the wall ha,ha.   We did a lot of moving around. and then a saw blade was used to cut one end of a table off. But none of us got to use it... because that is dangerous. ha,ha. 

We also got lost many times this week as well. Driving from one side of Manhattan and realizing that we were suppose to be on the other side...oh those moments were great. But we were able to see a lot of success out of our getting lost. 

We also had a lot of success in team ups this week! Lessons go so much better with a member present, because people always turn to the member to see if they will validate what we are speaking.  There is one member who isn't afraid to just teach along with us!   She was a missionary but that was over 16 years ago and she hasn't lost her fire for sharing the gospel!   Even though she brought her 4 year old daughter her daughter was how we got into a lot of houses ha,ha!   Children soften the hearts of those around us. :)

The Elders got switched to full time university elders, and we are still part time University and Part time Ward; which is really hard to balance since we have so much more success with students... and they are so much closer to us... we got the Zone Leaders in our ward to replace our elders... It is really difficult having them be in the same ward, because they do not hold the same air that the rest of us hold. Too laid back. but I am getting a new Zone Leader who use to be my District Leader back in Park Hill! Elder Hudson!  I am super excited because he is a fantastic missionary and will make everything so awesome. and realistic. 

But now to the exciting part... I'm having a dragon. I call her that because she has me and I am a Dragon. so therefore she has to be a dragon. I got my training packet on Wednesday. and I died. What an opportunity that has been given to me! I am super excited to be able to have someone to train for my last stretch of life here on the mission.   She will definitely keep my mind on her progress and how great of a missionary I will help her become! Obedience is the price she has gotten herself into. 

I love you all and I cannot wait to tell you all about what my baby dragon is like! 

-Sister Cindy Call

No comments: