Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 58 - Rebuked



This week has been one of the most... hard weeks I have had. it hasn't been the hardest but it was definitely a trying time. For a short time I was even wondering if it was worth staying on a mission anymore. I was so tired and so frustrated with everything that I just wanted to be done. but at the same time it was like I was just starting. My frustration was stemmed from individuals not listening. and for most of my mission people have valued my input on things and how to do things. and now it is almost like a disturbance to suggest anything.

I am getting use to the idea that some of the things that I say are not as important to some people. and that it doesn't need to be said. I am also getting use to not trying to help everyone because not everyone wants to be helped. It has been a huge adjustment for me, one that devastated me because I had so many great views for things but my way wasn't the right way. and I had to get use to that. luckily my getting use to things happens more quickly now, so it took me a good 2 days to re pattern my way of thinking.

This week was the most interesting weeks of my entire mission. From being fed almost every day this week to having to go on a search for a run away missionary. We spent hours looking for this missionary who was later found hiding in a tree. They had just got over stressed and didn't know how to react otherwise. but luckily they are okay and it ended well. not to mention we got told before we went to bed so it made sleeping so much easier knowing they were safe.

But I definitely have a lot of things to work on. I am working right now on making my prayers more meaningful. in other words I am trying to figure out how to really pray. it is definitely a different way of trying to talk to God but I am sure that I will get over my lack of communication skills. he knows what I am trying to say.

Good end to last week was Church. During church the branch presidency and members were all starting to talk about how missionary work needs to be hastened there and that they need to do more for the branch. and then the branch mission leader stood up and told the members that they needed to feed the missionaries. that the missionaries of the branch should not go a day without a dinner in  members home. It was quite a touching thing to hear that finally the branch is coming together to help out in the Hastening of the Work.

And not only that there is a new Mormon message out that has been super impactful it reminds me of a lot of things that I had to do to make the right choices in my life and on my mission. Follow this link to watch it best 6 minutes and 46 seconds of my life...


Love,

Sister Cindy Call

No comments: