Monday, July 21, 2014

Week 55 - Moving Forward

Guess what? I am moving again! I am headed off to Winfield kansas!
This past week has been quite the adventure for Sister Engebretsen and I, the entire week we were preparing our investigator Casandra to be baptized. On Wednesday, the day before her interview she texted us and told us that her parents did not approve of her getting baptized. We were all shocked, we were afraid that the change of mind of her parents would weaken her resolve to be baptized. But our prayers were answered, she came to her interview and it went very well. We talked about her baptism program and got everything together.
The day of her Baptism we got everything together and ready, the water was running and we were just waiting for people to show up. the first person to show up was Casandra and her children. We waited for a while and 3 o clock rolled around and still no one was there. it was super awkward. our baptism was suppose to start at 3. but within 10 minutes we had a fair sized crowd and we started the baptism. Sister Engebretsen gave the talk on baptism, Elder Romero baptized Casandra and I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. 

The Holy Ghost... what a most magnificent thing to talk about... It is so difficult to tell people how important it is that we have the Holy Ghost. 
As it says on lds.org "The Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead. He is a personage of spirit, without a body of flesh and bones. He is often referred to as the Spirit, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of the Lord, or the Comforter."
The Holy Ghost is there to give us guidance and direction. he is there to give us peace in our hearts and tell us of the truthfulness of the message we bear.
I cannot wait to begin my adventure in Winfield where I can continue bringing those that are around me closer unto Christ.
My heart is sad to leave behind this area and the people here especially Casandra and Shanelle who I have grown so close to and have worked with from the first week I was here in Sherwood. but I will always keep them in my prayers and continual contact with them as long as I can. 

I love you all

-Sister Cindy Call



 

No comments: