Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Week 47 - Roller Coaster

This week has been an eternity long. We had Specialized Training and Interviews and we had to drive all the way to Andover (2 Hour drive) for a doctor appointment! We were hardly in our area! and then Sister McQuay got sick and so we had to sit inside most of the rest of the week, on few occasions we were able to get someone to either watch sister McQuay or to take one of us and go out on splits. Considering we were stuck inside all week we did a good job with our teaching of people! The Spanish Sisters, Hermana Fernandez, and Hermana Kammeyer came and taught Annabelle to make sure that she understood everything clearly (she didn't quite understand our spanish members we brought with us for teamups) But now she understands everything and is super excited to get Baptized on Saturday!!!

Sunday was quite interesting too. I was the only missionary there, Sister Mortensen was watching Sister McQuay and the Elders, Elder Maki and Elder Dansie were sick as well. so I went to church with the Greenlaws and we had maybe 30 people there. I conducted the music in sacrament meeting and then I also taught the Elders Primary Class ages 8-11 and the Gospel principles class together. and then I taught the Relief Society Class. it was super interesting doing... everything... but it was all in the name of missionary work!!! wooohooo!!! 
 
Throughout this week I have found the words of the Hymn "Abide with Me; 'Tis Eventide" in my mind we have had quite a hard week and things were just in a gloomy stuppor. 
 
1. Abide with me; 'tis eventide.
The day is past and gone;
The shadows of the evening fall;
The night is coming on.
Within my heart a welcome guest,
Within my home abide.
(Chorus)
O Savior, stay this night with me;
Behold, 'tis eventide.
O Savior, stay this night with me;
Behold, 'tis eventide.
 
2. Abide with me; 'tis eventide.
Thy walk today with me
Has made my heart within me burn,
As I communed with thee.
Thy earnest words have filled my soul
And kept me near thy side.
 
3. Abide with me; 'tis eventide,
And lone will be the night
If I cannot commune with thee
Nor find in thee my light.
The darkness of the world, I fear,
Would in my home abide.
 
I love you all and hope that things are going well! 
-Sister Cindy Call
 
Sister Cindy Call and her companions
 
 

No comments: