Monday, May 19, 2014

Week - 46 On The Road Again!



In case you didn't get my last email, I AM NOW IN PRATT, KS! I am soooo happy! I am companions with Sister Motensen and Sister McQuay. Hey are the best! I love them so much! 
We are tearing this place up! It is quite interesting now being in full time missionary schedule. but I am living it up! 
All I want to do is knock on all of the doors and talk to all of the people.  That is exactly what we do! only not everyone wants to talk to us... but that is okay! We have some pretty solid investigators out here, Beth is a really awesome lady who has been investigating for over a year now. she is getting ready to be baptized in June (right after she quits smoking). we had a really powerful lesson with her last night and had her listen to "Cast not away thy Confidence" by Elder Holland.
Another one is Annabelle she doesn't speak a lick of English but she definitely feels the spirit in our attempts at communicating with her.  She is going to be baptized this month!  We have a few other investigators but they are not as solid as these two.
I live in a old... store/house/I'm not quite sure what it was. It is cute and small and looks abandoned! what better than that! 
This transfer that was unexpected but very much so needed was a blessing from heaven. I feel so much better and happier and I do not feel so depressed all of the time! and I don't feel lonely either! There are a lot of short people here.   I am quite tall apparently... not too tall but I still have height on most of these people. 
Well I love you all and that is a pretty good synopsis of my week... well one last thing.
Saturday I had walked through another pair of my shoes and I didn't want to buy another pair so I decided to fix them myself. and I successfully did so, at the same time as super gluing my fingers to my shoe. Don't worry it ended well and not to much skin was lost. (nail polish remover works miracles!)    It was quite hilarious.
Anyhow here is my spiritual thought of the week stemming from my scripture study of Acts 3: 1-10

1 Now Peter and John went up together into the temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour.

2 And a certain man lame from his mother’s womb was carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful, to ask alms of them that entered into the temple;

3 Who seeing Peter and John about to go into the temple asked an alms.

4 And Peter, fastening his eyes upon him with John, said, Look on us.

5 And he gave heed unto them, expecting to receive something of them.

6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.

7 And he took him by the right hand, and lifted him up: and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength.

8 And he leaping up stood, and walked, and entered with them into the temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

9 And all the people saw him walking and praising God:

10 And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him.

This scriptures has so many meanings, but me being a missionary I thought of it in a much different way.

How many of us are traveling through life not really paying attention to the things that are around us? How many of us notice the suffering man on the side? Peter and John noticed this man, and I am sure that they knew of this man because of his unfortunate circumstances of which he had been born lame, now we often see people but we don't always see people that are in unfortunate physical situations, and so I ask you to look at this as a person who had the opportunity to be born not within the gospel, in a sense they are born "lame" for they do not have a full understanding or usage of all of their skills that is God given. we walk by them all of the time and we see them in stores and in the library or other public places. How often do we take a moment out of our day to share something that is very important to us? Why do we fear sharing a message that is meant for the world? We must be like Peter and John and "[fasten] our eyes upon [them]" take them into notice. they will know you are there and they will want to know what you have that they do not have and will ask it of you. and you have the duty and privilege to inform them of the glorious truths that you know. 
but you do not just proclaim it to them. you must be as Peter and if they accept it reach down and take them by the hand and raise them up. it may be difficult at first but if they are willing and have hope and faith, they will be able to leap up like the lame man and praise god with you and travel forward loving God. They will have the same impact on another and it will continue. We are to go out one by one and serve those around us.
Please open your heart and mind to those that are around you. love them. just as I love you. 

I love all of you,

Sister Cindy Call

No comments: