Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 37 - Final Countdown


To think that just yesterday and the day before that and the day before that, I was able and privileged to listen to Elder Bednar speak.
Now what makes this event so much more special then General Conference? Nothing. I haven't appreciated General Conference as much as I should have, Elder Bednar did make things more up close and personal with us as missionaries, but the revelation was still the same as if we were watching General Conference.
We spoke of many things with Elder Bednar, many of the questions ranging from: 'What can we do about a certain investigator', 'how do we show more faith in the members', but one question that I really liked even though a lot of people were scoffing when it was said was "How do I know and understand the Atonement better?"  Now just being honest, I am pretty sure that not a single missionary in there really understands what the Atonement really means. I know that I don't. But as he answered this question he didn't answer it in a way that we would have liked it, or in other words he didn't just give us a definition of Atonement. He told us to go get an inexpensive copy of the Book of Mormon, start at the beginning with the question in mind. Atonement being the example he said to go through and mark all of the parts where it said something about receiving Strength, and after you have gone through the entire Book of Mormon, write a one page summary of what you have learned.
How inspired is that? The only document on the earth that has complete truth in it. We can receive answers for every question.
Now for the reasoning behind the title. it is the final countdown! I have a week and a half until transfers! wwwoooooooooohhhhhhoooooooooo!
 Anyhow I love all of you. Keep praying for me and the mission.
-Sister Cindy Call

No comments: