This week has been really interesting, we had a person from the area of the 70's Elder Nash come and spoke at our devotional thing.
Monday: P-Day as usual it was great we got to pack up an Elder to ship him off to Brazil. His Visa came in. and I Emailed Tim but he never emailed me back. Someone tell him to email me back. (That stinker of a brother) :) We went to the store and then came back to the church and played sports, I got to teach everyone Chair Soccer finally, no one would ever play it with me. and then after they finally said yes and now everyone is addicted to it! We did exchanges with Ridgepoint sisters: Sister Sherman and Sister Bitter, we took sister Sherman, and left behind Sister Murray. We went and had dinner at the Walbruch's house it was great.
Tuesday: I went into the office this morning. We went out and did lots of random stuff for everyone. I left early to drop off Sister Sherman back at her house so that we could make it back in time to have dinner with Sister Wolford. She is an older lady in our ward and she scares me sometimes because she always buys pizza and she eats it scary. After dinner we went to a Less Actives house sister West and read with her out of the Book of Mormon. She really likes it (we haven't found out why she hasn't gone to church yet). That night we went to Sister Harris house and talked with her and helped her out a little with her house.
Wednesday: We were at the church at 7:30 am, ready and waiting for Elder Nash to get done with his interviews with a few of the missionaries. When we were waiting I decided I could get something done in the office so I went and checked the Email for the mission, and I had received an email from president saying that he wanted all of the information about the missionaries who had gotten interviews with Elder Nash. I had to have it done before he finished his interviews... which he was on his 2nd to last one. I only had 15 minutes to type up information on 20 missionaries. Luckily I'm fast at typing or I would have never been close to even thinking of doing it. I had also prepared a talk the day before on how to be a successful missionary (I wasn't called on luckily because I am still awful at public speaking) but I found some wonderful scriptures: Luke 22:32, John 21:17, Jacob 1:19, Mosiah 18:9, D&C Section 4. and I was also going to use an excerpt from Elder Dube's talk from this last conference from when he was talking about the Oxen. We have to work in unity to be able to ever accomplish anything.
After the devotional we went to dinner with Sister Dunlap and she had invited a friend who was a pretty interesting person. Their personalities are quite similar which makes it funny that they are friends...
After dinner we went and prepared our house for the Manhattan Sister Training Leaders who were staying the night. I got to see Sister Thompson! and her companion Sister Call! (another Sister Call, awesome huh!)
Thursday: I went into the office and I had to go out to the bus station to buy tickets for the transfers that were coming up. (the awkward moment when you know where people are going before they know where they are going). I got back to the office and finished a project for the office. College hill sisters: Sister Roquemore and Sister Phadnis picked me up because my companions were in Missionary leadership counsel and I couldn't be there because I'm obviously not in the leadership :) haha. We went out and visited a few of their less actives and ate dinner at this part member family’s house. They had a beautiful Australian shepherd (other than it was overweight) after dinner we went to their Relief Society activity and brought Steffanie along with us. they were painting turkeys and pioneers. The MCL's didn't end until 9ish and we didn't get home until 9:30ish. The Sister Training Leaders all slept at our house.
Friday: at 6 AM the STL's all left to go to the bus station to go back to their areas. Manhattan Sisters drove, Liberal sisters took the bus. At 9 I went to an office meeting about the transfers that were happening. We took 2 1/2 hours in this meeting talking about things. After the meeting we had to get down to business to prepare for all of the incoming missionaries and for all of the departing missionaries. I also had to prepare packets for all of the departing missionaries. (I made a keeper of the plains info book and got permission to put it in their packets) it was awesome! At lunch time Sister Smith (the member we live with) came and picked up Sister Porter (a senior sister who came in this week who is living with us temporarily) and I to go out to lunch. We ate at this little restaurant that reminds me of the restaurant in Provo, the one called Saigon. Anyhow it was really awesome. After lunch I went back to the office and had to work on getting all of the paper work done for Elder Allen, one of the Bel Aire elders who is going home tomorrow. He is going home early. I made him a departure packet and contact list as well as got his certificate of release signed and everything. We had dinner with President and Sister Bell and enjoyed a good dinner. That night we went to a concert thingy that one of our members was doing at the church. it was really lame and we left early.
Saturday: This morning Elder Allen went home, he left at 8 AM. I had him sign my signing journal first. After studies we went to a craft Appaloosa thing today trying to find our investigator Judy who was trying to sell things at a craft thing. We ended up going to the wrong craft show. After searching for a while we ended up going to Christy Bakers and reading the Book of Mormon with her. After her we stopped at Judy's house. She was absolutely devastated. She had spent all week making sweaters and these earring things. She only sold 2 out of the 150 sweaters and she didn't sell any earrings. (we knew that she wouldn't sell anything because they were really... different). We helped her put things away. We ate dinner at the Labrums who are best friends with the Walbruchs and the meal was awesome. After dinner we went to a Christmas program meeting to talk about the efforts we could make to publicize it.
Sunday: Church was awesome, Sister Walbruch gave a talk about Grace. She talked about how the members need to keep in mind that not everyone who comes to church are members, or even know anything about the church. She was awesome. Gospel principles was a really weird lesson... there was awkward contention. Relief Society, I don't remember a thing about what we talked about because the conversation was jumping everywhere. After church we went home and did studies. We then went to dinner at the Cantwell’s. After dinner we drove to the bus station in the AP's truck. to pick up 2 sisters who are leaving tomorrow to go to Brazil. We got to the bus station and found out that they were there early so we had showed up late. They had been there waiting for half an hour... awkward. After we picked them up we did splits. Sister Christenot and I went to Steffanie’s house and talked with her about the priesthood. The College Hill sisters came and started teaching her about the Plan of Salvation. We went and talked with Sister West and Christy Baker. Christy said she wanted to come to church next week. (YES!!!)
This morning we dropped of the Sisters at the church after we wrapped them up and took pictures of them.
This week has been great, and I am being transferred to Harrison Park and will be companions with Sister McDermott. I'm super excited!!!
Love you all!
Sister Cindy Call
No comments:
Post a Comment