This week has been a really good week in an interesting sense. We didn't get any new investigators, but none of our investigators we have, have disappeared or gone to jail again. sooo I think we are doing really well this week!
Monday I attended my first Office Meeting; talk about interesting! We talk about all sorts of great stuff in there and all of my crazy ideas are actually considered and most of them put into action! Okay I guess that means that all of my ideas are not that bad... I just think that they are out in the ball yard; because it will take a lot of effort on our side as well as on the missionary side to actually make the mission more successful. The meeting took 2 hours. Haha, well 2 hours of my P-Day have been used.. I sent my companions out with a grocery list and they went extra shopping because I never called back. When my meeting was over my companions and I did our companion studies. After we did a study we went out with the Blacks who work in the office for lunch. We went to the Royal Buffet. Which is like a Chinese thingy. After we had lunch we drove out to sister Campo's house and picked up dinner, We then went to the library and emailed. After that I went back to the office and worked because we only had a half day P-Day. For dinner we went out with one of our investigators to Spangles. We then went to her house and helped her clean up a little and taught her a little bit.
Tuesday morning we woke up early so as to be able to shower and get ready before we headed to the church. We had a devotional before we got on the bus. We got on the school bus and drove for 3 hours until we got to Oklahoma Temple. All of the people were so shocked when they saw us because their were so many missionaries there. The only missionaries that went were in my Zone of Derby. There were 35 of us. We stayed at the temple from 1:30 until 5 PM. It was an amazing experience and the Oklahoma temple is so small! I cannot wait to be able to go again. We didn't get home until 8:30PM . We drove out to the Gondas to pick up a dinner they had packed for us to eat.
Wednesday I went to the office and worked on a few things then sister Hachtel had me go with her to her house as she ate lunch and then we went out to this cash place... We bought bus tickets for missionaries who are going places. Like out to Brazil. We have 3 visa waiters who got their Visa's! After purchasing the tickets I finished typing out all of the missionaries and their home towns to place on the world map at the Bell's home. I sat in the office for a while until Sister Christenot came, with Sister Smith a missionary from Pratt that we were doing exchanges with. We went out to Cheddar's to eat with the money that the Clifford’s gave to us for dinner. After dinner we went to the church and correlated on what we needed to do for our area to make sure that the missionaries that came in at transfers would be able to cohesively take over.
Thursday I had the usual office in the morning. Today I went to the storage unit to organize 3 boxes for the new apartments with appliances and dishes. Sister Chumbley accidentally dropped an ironing board on her head. after we did that we went and bought more tickets for the Sister Trainer Leaders to Bus out here for MLC's. I came back and worked on a booklet that will be going in all of the missionaries farewell packets. We had dinner with the Rosbach family and man they go all out for Halloween. (Well dressing up). Their daughter who is the same age as I had put make up on all over so that it looked like she had frost bite. One of the other sisters was a roman citizen and the other sister was the girl from Adams family. (Wednesday?) After we had dinner with them we stopped at the Walbruchs and gave them some Halloween gifts and proceeded to Steffanie’s house, She had us pass out candy to the trick-o-treaters and make this really weird Hungarian meal thingy. It smelled really weird put people who came to the door said it smelled really good. (We also cleaned out her fridge, she had a lot of moldy food in her fridge)
Friday we had district meeting and it was awesome. He talked about this video that he showed us, the video was about these kids who helped their father by feeding his lambs whose mothers had died in a storm. the lambs kept dying of starvation, and near the end of the movie the little girl goes to her father and asks "Is there no one who can help us feed our lambs?" the father then replied to her after giving her a hug "There was a great man who thought the same thing once, he asked his friends to "Feed my Sheep"" It was really a heart touching message of how we are out here trying our best to feed the Savior’s sheep, but sometimes no matter how hard we try to feed his sheep they don't understand and eventually starve. but we try our best to feed them. Everyday we try to Feed the Saviors Sheep, but it is man's agency that gives them the choice on whether or not to actually listen and learn. We did exchanges after and took Sister LeCheminant and left sister Christenot in Park Hill. We met the elders at an appointment that we were going to do but she wasn't home, and Elder Allen got into a bike accident so we cleaned up his elbow and put band aids on it and then proceeded over to a group of children and teenagers, Sister Murray talked to this girl sitting on the steps and Sister LeCheminant and I played volleyball with the rest of the kids, we were having a blast and the mom of the girl sitting on the step came outside and questioned what Sister Murray was doing so she taught her the same thing she was talking to the girl about. We then went to dinner at the Flickingers. That was an interesting experience. Old woman who talks about her dead husband in front of her current husband... awkward.
Saturday I had my first time being able to do language study at home!!! Oh yeah... P.S. everyone I'm learning Spanish! sooo yeah. fun stuff! I'm really excited to be able to talk to all of the people who we cannot currently communicate with because of our language barrier. After studies we went to sister Harris’ house and read the book of Mormon with her, we are sure she is getting so close to her baptismal choice, I don't know what is holding her back! After visiting sister Harris we drove home and exchanged back with Park hill. after they left we started to walk to Cristy Bakers house on the way we met an old man named Drexel who was driving around in his electric wheelchair. He was an interesting character. His name was tattooed on his arm... along with other things... when we got to Christy Bakers she was not presentable so we left and started walking home on the other side of the street; that is when we noticed a young individual sitting on the side of this empty business place. We walked up to him and he was reading the Bible it was really interesting! We had a great conversation with him and were able to give him a restoration pamphlet and invited him to church. We got home and ate dinner then went to Christy Baker’s house that night and read the scriptures with her. Her cat was put down this morning ;so she was extremely depressed (on top of the depression she already has) and it was sad because she is a chain smoker but she had run out of cigarettes and had no way of going to buy more. She was just glazed there reading the Book of Mormon.
Sunday We went to church and had a good lesson in Relief Society, I got to build a castle out of blocks on the table while Sister Christenot had to build it in this container filled with mulch. I was very successful, Sister Christenot was not Successful. :D Yay I was the one who built on a rock! Stand true to what you believe. Christ desires for you to hold your ground and stand firm no matter what. No matter how many blows Satan throws at you to knock you off your feet to make you fall down. and even if he does get you to stumble, the Savior is always there to catch you or help you up if you have fallen down.
After church we had correlation with the Ward Mission Leader (Which we didn't get much done) after we went home and did our studies and asked Stephanie Rosbach if she could come on a team up with us to Christian’s house whom we set a time to visit (he didn't come to church). She agreed and we met at our house then drove to Christian’s. He wasn't home. We went to sister Harris’ with her and read the book of Mormon with her and had Stephanie explain a chapter. It is great trying to get her into the missionary spirit. She is unsure of her decision on going on a mission or not. We then went to dinner at the Homstead's we got very lost and proceeded to wander in circles until we called her and she told us we were in the wrong Summerside Street luckily it was only a few minutes away. :) I got to teach the “Church, Pray, Read” lesson and it went awesome they are such an awesome Member Missionary family!
We proceeded to Nodina West's house afterward and read the scriptures with her. She is working toward being able to go to the temple again.
This week has been heart warming and heart breaking at the same time, but I am grateful to be out on a mission and being able to help the people I am around at this time!
Love
Sister Cindy Call
No comments:
Post a Comment