Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 41 - 293 Days. What Hast Thou Done?

Can you believe that I have been out for 9 months already?!? I only have 9 more months to go!  Time flies when you are on a mission! I have 270 days left!  It is going by to fast!
All I can think of right now is how I don't even have a year left.  What have I done so far on my mission that I can look back on and think?   What would the Lord say?
Matthew 25: 21-26
 21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

 22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

 23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

 24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an a hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

 26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and a slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:


I often see in these verses a connection to missionaries in these days; how there are ones who go out and work hard and achieve what is asked of them and then there are missionaries who don't entirely put themselves into the work who are slothful and don't do what is asked of them.

I try really hard to do what I can, and sometimes I feel inadequate but then I turn to the Lord and ask for help, because to be honest we can't go through every day of being a missionary and think we can do it on our own. It is not possible.

How often do we think that we can just go through a day and be independent on everything we do? If you think that you can make it through a day without having to rely on someone else's work then I have a quest for you. You must make everything by yourself. You have to make the cloth for the clothing you are going to sew for yourself. You have to mold the rubber that will make a sole for your shoe. You have to milk the cow that provides the milk... shall I continue? It is not possible for us to be independent in these days from the actions of other people.  All of us rely on others to help us through everyday life.  The one person that everyone does not thank every day is God. He has created this world and our bodies for us.  It is not possible to go through a day and not be effected by what God has done for us.

I sometimes forget my  purpose of why I do the things that I do. I sometimes think that it would be easier to live how all the other people live, and then I think about it. Is it really worth living like others and not achieving the greatest reward of life when we are done? Sadly there are many who are content with living in the lower kingdoms. A Less Active member that we have been trying to help, decided that she was far more content with sticking with her Word of Wisdom problems then she was with stopping them and living a better life and then being able to live in a higher kingdom. She even took smoking over her own son's wedding ( of which I was completely horrified).

How many of us are selling ourselves short? how many of us are taking that mess of pottage and selling our birthright? We are meant to be greater. Now it is time to be that person who stands up and declares to the world the light of Christ. Let no ear go unheard. Let no eye pass before you, without letting them know your love for the Truth.

I love you all and pray for you daily.

-Sister Cindy Call

No comments: