Monday, December 16, 2013
Week 25 - Spirit Heart Attack
This week has been a very long week. I have been progressively getting more and more ill. I am not the kind of ill that would stop me from going out and working, but it is the kind of ill where every time I eat I get sick. Luckily it is just stomach pain and not me actually throwing up. But it still doesn't work out since now I'm not eating anything because it doesn't work out too well. So I'm on a liquids diet because for some reason they don't hurt as bad, as long as I drink slowly. (which sometimes is hard when you are in a rush)... but here is the week:
Monday: We had a meeting this morning until 11am. Our investigator Maria asked us to come over and help her. We showed up and her tire was flat and she didn't know what to do; so we ended up changing out her tire... and then found out that she had the wrong size of spare tire for her car so she couldn't drive on it anyway. We then decided that it would be a great time to have a lesson with her so we watched ‘The Restoration’ with her and then she committed to baptism; her date was for the 24th. We went back to the church and did the rest of our P-Day stuff and then waited afterward to do our interviews with President because he had so many people he needed to do on Tuesday that he asked all of the people who didn't have a meal for Monday night to come do their interviews. So our entire evening was full of talking to president and then going and eating dinner.
Tuesday: We had a zone/special training this morning starting at 8am. They had some pretty awesome trainings about how to do weekly planning. Plan for your investigator by a day by day process or an event by event so that we could think of better ways to fellowship them with members and get the members to do a lot of the work that we are trying to do. After the Training we had a Derby/Wichita Zone Christmas party thing. We all enjoyed food and did charades Book of Mormon style...it was quite interesting. After that we went to our appointment with Maria and brought along our Relief Society President Sister Hamilton She was wonderful for the Lesson 3. After we went to Maria's we went strait over to Shawnda's house and taught her the commandments. She is super pumped to be baptized, she was also confused because she thought that one of us would be baptizing her so we had to explain to her the Priesthood again. and how only someone with the Priesthood could baptize her. After that we went to FHE at Deeba's house. It was a very stressful evening and the FHE we decided should end early, because emotions were high and you could feel the frustration and anger in the air. It was quite scary.
Wednesday: We got to Weekly Plan for the 1st time!!! President said that he was going to over rule what the sister who is over us said about us having to be there every day at 10. So now we get to Weekly Plan and do companionship!!! Ya,ya,ya! We did a very long Weekly Plan because we had to work things out so that we could actually do things! After that we went to the office and after the office we went to Debra Barlow's and went over the schedule we gave her to stop smoking. She is very honest with what she is doing. As she decreases her cigarettes, her coffee intake goes up. So we have a ways to go.... after that we went to Christy Baker's house! She was a Less Active from Bel Aire that moved into the Harrison Park ward! So I get to work with her again! We are working with her to stop smoking and on getting more in with the members. After our lessons for that evening we went and ate dinner at Denny's I got what I always got at home, Hot Chocolate and 2 slices of French Toast. :)
Thursday: We went to the office and then we at lunch with Sister Brown at the Royal Buffet that place is great. The only sad part was after lunch I wasn't able to do much because I was so sick from eating... after we got done with the office we went to the Relief Society activity that only 6 people showed up to... we watched a church movie so that sister McDermott and I could stay. They were planning on watching Elf but we wouldn't be able to stay for that. So we got to stay and have a good conversation with the few people that did come.
Friday: we went to the office and worked on the "Map Project" in other words we are trying to get every missionary a Map so that they can know their area's. The only problem is... we don't know what their area is and there wasn't a printable version of their areas so we pretty much had to pretend like we knew what we are doing, and hope that the missionaries will send back maps with corrections so that we can know what their area boarders are. We worked all day and into the night. We got back to our apartment and was still working on it. I also got my Van Certification done, so now I can officially drive the van!!!
Saturday: We had our ward Christmas party this morning, we ate cold food. :\ so we all ended up nuking the food in the microwave one at a time... After we went to the Christmas breakfast we went over to Tina Brown’s and Sandra Sobotka's house and helped them clean their house, their house is in a sad state; only the grandma (Sandra) cleans. They have 6 Chihuahuas and man they are barky little things. We ended up locking them inside a room while we cleaned. after we went there we went and did our studies that we didn't get to do in the morning. We went and dropped off all of the mail for the maps we sent to the missionaries. We then went over to the church and started to help set up for the stake Christmas program. The Christmas program started out all nice and then in the middle there was a commotion in the middle, someone was being helped out of the gym, immediately I looked at Sister Murray and we were both like, "It's Sister Harris" we got up and went out and followed her out. Paramedics were called, there was an ambulance, fire truck. Everyone thought she had suffered a Heart Attack. But they tested her and her heart seemed normal and things were going well on the machines but they wanted her to go to the hospital to make sure everything was fine. She refused. and so we had to get her home some how. The elders ended up going with Sister Smith. They had to carry her into her house and had her call her doctor. I was talking to Momma Harris and joked with her that the Spirit just gave her a heart attack.... she is doing okay now. I wish she would get baptized...
Sunday we had church and emotions were high and there was tension, you could see that some of the members were angry at one another for some reason or another, but we eventually got them all calmed down and by the end only 2 people were crying. That night we went to Christy Baker’s house and we gave her a quad scripture for Christmas. She loves it. we then took her to the stake Christmas musical program and she loved that too. Our investigator Maria showed up too!!! The night was super long and by the end of the day I was tired and sick. so we went to bed early... (10pm) ha,ha.
The rest of this week is going to be crazy, there was a lack of communication and some things got messed up and so we have to go through and figure out how to fix things... I'm way to stressed out right now... but I keep going. That is all I can do is put everything aside that I cannot do, and let the Lord help me through all of the problems I am having.
And Dear Family thank you for the Gifts that I received in the Mail, I haven't had an opportunity to open them yet because I am just so busy. I will enjoy them when I have time I am sure!
Love
Sister Cindy Call
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment